chest/stomach pain - what is it?
Sahba
2004-11-01 17:56:34 UTC
--------
first off, sorry about multiple posting, but wasn't sure of the best
place where to post. therefore, this is being posted in the following
groups:

sci.med, sci.med.telemedicine, sci.med.pathology,
sci.med.diseases.cancer, sci.med.cardiology
--------

a friend of mine has been suffering of chest/stomach area pain in the
last few days. he is in the hospital undergoing examinations, but as
with many posts here, i'm writing to ease my conscience - besides, our
medical system here is not very advanced, so it may well be possible
that a reply to this post may be more accurate than a medical response
which may only come in a few days.
my friend's pain increases after eating something (he also has pain
when with an empty stomach, but it isn't as severe)

he has watched his diet rigorously these days, not eating any sort of
fats, and eating only foods along the line of cooked, saltless rice;
cooked, saltless carrots, and drinking water and "potato juice", which
supposedly eases the pain.

as i said, he is now in the hospital - they did a blood test, and they
said that his blood enzymes were a bit unbalanced, but said they
needed to run yet another blood test because the first test for some
reason wasn't very clear. they are giving him serum (i don't know if
"serum" is correct, but it's the transparent, intravenous liquid they
give to people when they can't eat/drink). they also said he can't eat
or drink anything, and he has been in this situation for around 6
hours now. they have also connected him to a heart monitoring machine,
and it appears he has to be monitored for around an hour.

he is just sitting down, waiting for time to pass and a diagnosis to
appear! it would be fantastic if you could give any tips on what this
could be - thanks a lot.
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
2004-11-01 19:53:13 UTC
Post by Sahba
--------
[...]
Would suggest being patient though this is a difficult time for you and
your friend.
Post by Sahba
thanks a lot.
You are welcome.

All praises belong to my heavenly Father, Whom I love with all my heart,
soul, mind, and strength :-)

You will be in my prayers, dear neighbors whom I love, in Christ's name.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist